Frequently Asked Questions


Where can I pay my sewer bill?

We offer several payment options.

  • U.S. Mail Mail payment to: 4 E. Harrison Street Mooresville, IN. 46158
  • In Person Pay in person by cash, check, money order or with Visa or Master Card at Clerk- Treasurer’s office located at 4 E. Harrison Street, 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
  • On-line Payment Make single payments using credit or debit card for a $3.00 processing fee by visiting Town of Mooresville website.
  • Night Deposit Box Our night deposit box is available for after-hours payments, located at 4 E Harrison Street. Please “NO CASH”
  • Automatic Bank Deduction (ACH) Your monthly bill is deducted from your savings or checking account approximately 5 business days before the due date. Complete this form and mail to: 4 E Harrison Street, Mooresville, Indiana 46158
How do you determine my sewer usage?
Sewer usage is based upon your water consumption provided from the water utility.
Where do I pay a sewer lien?
At the Morgan County Treasurer’s Office in Martinsville.
Why do I have a $3.00 Stormwater fee added onto my sewer bill?
The Stormwater fee is due to Rule 13, a State Mandate that required the Town to regulate everything that goes into the stormdrains to be sure that all rain water and runoff enters the waterways in the same or better condition. This applies to every residence and business within the Town’s civil limits. Even if you do not have a stormdrain near your home, the runoff from your property eventually flows into the stormdrains, ditches or waterways.
Where do I apply for a marriage license
At the Morgan County Clerk’s Office in Martinsville.
Where do I file a Homestead or Mortgage exemption?
At the Morgan County Auditor’s Office in Martinsville.
Where do I pay my property taxes
At the Morgan County Treasurer’s Office in Martinsville.
How do I obtain a Solicitor's Permit?

A Solicitor’s Permit is required for all persons, who engage in door to door in the town for sale of any goods. Complete this form and submit with payment at the Clerk Treasurer’s offce at 4 E. Harrison Street.

Read more about the Solicitor’s Permit Ordinance here.

Town Court

What are the hours of the Town Court?

Town Court is open Monday – Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm. We quit taking payments at 4pm.

What day is court held?

Court is held every Tuesday and 1st Wednesday of the month.

How long do we have to pay a ticket?

Tickets are due within 30 days. After 30 days we add a late fee of $25.00 and that will give you additional 30 days to get paid. If not paid by then we will suspend your driver’s license.

Where is the court located?

26 S. Indiana Street on the North West corner of Harrison St & Indiana St.

How can we pay for the ticket?

We accept cash, money orders, and credit cards. NO personal or business checks.

Police Department

What is the procedure for obtaining a VIN inspection on my vehicle?

There is a $5.00 fee to obtain a Vehicle Identification (VIN) Inspection.  Payment may be made in the form of cash, check or money order. We do accept credit cards however you will be charged a $3.00 fee for each VIN inspection. This fee must be paid at the station during regular business hours (M-F 8:00 am to 4:00 pm) before your VIN inspection is performed.

Once the VIN inspection is paid for, an officer will respond to the location of the vehicle and complete the inspection. You should have the Physical Inspection of A Vehicle Or Watercraft Form required by the BMV ready to be completed by the officer. You may also bring the vehicle to the police department (104 W Main St) to be inspected if the vehicle is properly registered or on a trailer. You can not operate a vehicle without a license plate.

How do I obtain a copy of my incident or accident report and how much does it cost?

The fee for a copy of an incident report is $5.00. The fee for a copy of an accident report is $8.00. Reports can be obtained during business hours 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. Monday-Friday at the Mooresville Police Department. Payment can be made by cash, check or money order. We do accept credit cards however you will be charged a $3.00 fee for each report purchased.

If you wish to request a report by mail, please send the request including the report number to the Mooresville Police Department, Records Division, 104 W Main St, Mooresville, IN 46158 along with the correct payment and a self-addressed stamped envelope for the return of the report.

Accident reports may also be obtained at

Should you need assistance obtaining the report number or if you have other questions about reports, please contact the Records Division at 317-831-3434 ext. 5.

How do I contact the Animal Control officer?

For Animal Control, please contact the non-emergency number for dispatch at 317-831-3434 ext. 0. You will then leave a voicemail for the animal control officer to contact you. If it is an emergency, call 9-1-1.

Can I file a police report over the phone or via email?

The Mooresville Police Department does not take reports over the phone or through electronic format at this time. Any incident occurring in the city limits of Mooresville that you need to report to the police can be done either by coming to the Mooresville Police Department or by calling the non-emergency number for dispatch at (317) 831-3434 ext 0 to have an officer meet with you.

My keys are locked in my car. Can you help me?

Currently, the Mooresville Police Department is unable to assist those who have accidentally locked their keys in the car. If a child or pet(s) in distress are locked in your vehicle, this constitutes an emergency and you should call 9-1-1.

What do I need to do to get my property released to me?

If you would like to know if the Mooresville Police Department has your property or would you like to check whether or not the property is available to be released, please contact the arresting officer in charge of your case at (317) 831-3434. Please make sure to include a phone number where you can be reached when leaving any messages.

Property items being kept as evidence in criminal cases will not be available for release until after the defendant(s) have had their final disposition(s) recorded with the court. Once it has been recorded, a court order for the release of the property will need to be obtained from the court that handled your case and presented to Captain Yarnell before the property is released. All property releases are scheduled Monday thru Saturday 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM.

What do I need to do to get my vehicle released to me?

Vehicle releases are available at the Mooresville Police Department 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The Mooresville Police Department currently uses a wrecker towing rotation. You will need to contact the Mooresville Police Department at (317) 831-3434 to see if there is a “hold” on your vehicle and the location of your vehicle (which impound lot it is at).

I need to be fingerprinted for employment reasons. Can you help me?

Any person required to submit state or federal fingerprint cards may bring those cards to the Mooresville Police Department (M-F 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.). There is not a fee for this service. The Mooresville Police Department does not have fingerprint cards on hand, you will need to bring your own with you. Please allow 15-25 minutes for the fingerprints to be taken.

How do I register my alarm system for my business or residence?

All businesses and residences with an alarm system located in the city limits of Mooresville are required by Town Ordinance 8-2007 to have an alarm permit. The cost of an alarm permit is $25 per year. You will need to obtain your alarm permit application from the Mooresville Police Department. The applications can be emailed, faxed or picked up in person. Once payment has been made, you will receive an alarm permit sticker that will need to be affixed to the front of your business or residence. For any questions regarding alarm permits, please contact the administrative offices at 317-831-3434 ext 5.

What do I need to do to get my handgun permit?

Please click on the link below for how to apply for a handgun permit. 

How to Apply for a Handgun Permit

How do I file a complaint with the Mooresville Police Department?

If you wish to file a complaint with the Mooresville Police Department, you will need to pick up a complaint form in the lobby. Once the form is completed you can drop-off or mail the completed form to the police department. The department’s current address is 104 W Main St, Mooresville, IN 46158.